Positive Psychology: Theory, Research and Applications
This book presents the latest research findings and thinking on the topics of happiness, flow, optimism, motivation, character strengths, love and more. You will find out how happiness levels can be increased, what stops us from flourishing and how positive psychology can be applied to many professional disciplines.
This new textbook combines a breadth of information about positive psychology with reflective questions, critical commentary and up to date research. It includes:
- Personal development exercises to help you meld together research and application
- Mock essay questions to get essay writing going
- Think about it boxes to get you thinking about the concepts and theories discussed
- Experiments boxes giving you most influential positive psychology experiments to date
- Suggested resources guiding you where to go next
- Measurement tools presenting popular positive psychology tools
- Time out boxes on key issues, concepts and thinkers
- Chapter summaries to help you check their understanding
- Review questions to enhance your learning
“This book is a valuable resource for students looking for an introduction to Positive Psychology, but also wanting to get a comprehensive and updated overview of this innovative approach to the study of human behaviour and experience. It provides a broad coverage of the most relevant theories and constructs developed within Positive Psychology, and of their relevance for intervention and application in the most diverse life domains. Hefferon and Boniwell use a rigorous though accessible and friendly style of presentation. By means of effective learning supports, they stimulate readers’ active engagement in critical reflections on each topic. The authors address the several issues and open questions which still characterize Positive Psychology as a relatively recent domain through a balanced and objective approach.”– Antonella Delle Fave, University of Milano, Italy.
Order now to choose the delivery method