Scientific articles & a selection of chapter extracts from academic works
Ilona Boniwell is the author and editor of 6 books. Her first bestselling book, Positive Psychology in a Nutshell, has been translated into many languages. She is also the author of multiple popular articles, scholarly papers and educational materials.
1. Pluess, M., Boniwell, I., Hefferon, K., & Tunariu, A. (under review). Evaluation of a school-based resilience-promoting intervention in a high-risk population in England: A controlled mixed methods trial.
2. Boniwell, I., Osin, E., Renton, A. (under review). Internet access at home and its relationship to well-being in deprived areas of London.
3. Grenville-Cleave, B., & Boniwell, I. (2012). Surviving or thriving? Do teachers have lower perceived control and well-being than other professionals? Management in Education, 26(1), 1-3.
5. Elston, F., & Boniwell, I. (2011). A grounded theory study of the value derived by women in financial services through a coaching intervention to help them identify their strengths and practise using them in the workplace. International Coaching Psychology Review, 6(1), 16-32.
6. Akhtar, M., & Boniwell, I. (2010). Applying positive psychology to alcohol-misusing adolescents: A group intervention. Groupwork: An Interdisciplinary Journal for Working with Groups, 20(3), 6-31.
8. Boniwell, I., Osin, E., Linley, P.A. and Ivanchenko, G. (2010). A question of balance: Examining relationships between time perspective and measures of well-being in the British and Russian student samples. Journal of Positive Psychology, 5(1), 24-40.
10. Collard, P., Anvy, N., & Boniwell, I. (2008). Teaching mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT) to students: The effects of MBCT on the levels of mindfulness and subjective well-being.Counselling Psychology Quarterly, 21, 323-336.
11. Popovic, N. & Boniwell, I. (2007). Personal Consultancy: An integrative approach to one-to-one talking practices. International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, 5 (special issue), 24-29.
14. Boniwell, I. (2005). Beyond time management: How the latest research on time perspective and perceived time use can assist clients with time-related concerns. International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, 3(2), 61-74.
15. Boniwell, I., & Leaf, S. (2001/2). Review of new developments in positive psychology, Consciousness and Experiential Psychology, 7.
16. Internet Access at Home and its Relationship to Well-being in Deprived Areas of London. The Open Psychology Journal, 2015. Ilona Boniwell, Evgeny N. Osin, Adrian Renton.